Site Activity Data
Each time you visit ES Sites, our web servers collect and log certain information. These access logs are kept for a reasonable period of time. These logs include but are not restricted to your machine's TCP/IP address, your username (if applicable), date, time and files accessed. These logs also contain information about “referrer” information if you clicked on an external link that redirected you to a page within ES Sites.
Collection of Personal Information
By providing us your contact information in any form, or using ES Sites and Services, you consent to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described in this policy. Your personal information is collected only when you voluntarily provide it by joining our mailing list, creating a Free or Paid Subscription, purchasing a product or service, completing a survey, entering a contest or promotion, registering for a course or online or live event, communicating with us, or using interactive portions of ES Sites.
Use of Personal Information
If you are a Mailing List Member or a Subscriber, we use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience. Our use of this information may include the following:
- To provide you with ES Sites and Services
- To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding ES Sites and Services
- To provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes
- To contact you for ES or its third-party sponsors' promotional purposes
- To customize the Content you view, Tools you use and Assets you download
- To fulfill your requests for support
- To customize recommendations for you
- To conduct research
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes
- To prevent potentially illegal activities
- To protect your and our rights
- For other uses in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Service and any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information
- When you register for an online or live event or survey, we will provide your registration information to the sponsor(s) of such event. We may also provide your information to sponsors of special sessions within the larger event.
Protection and Disclosure of Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us and we use commercially acceptable means to maintain compliance with all regulatory laws governing its protection. Please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee the absolute security of any information on the Internet.
We may provide your Personally Identifiable information to our sponsors and advertisers for marketing and/or analytical purposes. We may also provide your information to other third parties (and/or to their service providers on their behalf) to market their products or services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to market and provide their products or services. We may also disclose your Personally Identifiable Information:
- When we believe such disclosure is required by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement or for the protection of persons or property
- When disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it
- To third parties engaged to provide services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to perform ES Services
- To any successor pursuant to an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving ES or its Sites
Modification of Personal Information
If you are an ES subscriber you can modify your personal information or delete your account at any time by logging in and visiting your account profile page here. If you are not an ES subscriber you can request modification or deletion of your personal information by contacting us here.
Those who engage in transactions with ES ; by purchasing ES services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, ES collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with ES . When transacting on ES Sites, our e-commerce provider handles your personal information and keeps it safe and secure, and we cannot access your credit card or payment information. For e-commerce transactions, ES does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described herein. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Opting Out of Future Communications
You may opt out of any future ES communications at any time by selecting the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our email communications.
- Except as explicitly stated otherwise, all notices permitted or required under these Terms and Conditions of Service shall be by email, to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and to you at the email address you provide ES during the subscription process, or to such other address as either of us shall specify in writing as our addresses for notice. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Evidence of successful transmission shall be retained.